Friday, October 03, 2008

Late nights and weary minds

Well now, it has been quite a long time since I've written.  I cannot honestly say that many things have changed, except for the fact that my summer job is finally over.  Now I can fully concentrate on classes and raising my son.  

Classes are going alright - only one of them is a communication class toward my major, so thats kind of a bummer.  I am in a business statistcs class where all the examples are from the financial sector (gag me!) and an organizational behavior class that is quite interesting.  As well I am taking introduciton to theatre, a class that is entertaining but quite time consuming.  

I was so excited a few weeks ago - I am in a community production of the Sound of Music.  I actually have  a part!  I am Sister Margaretta, and it is so much fun.  I was involved in musicals in high school, and I have been acting for as long as I can remember.  It is really exciting to have my first real part with people whom I adore so much involved as well.

The other big project I have going on is crocheting.  Haha that makes me sound like a little old lady.  I am making a blanket for my son.  He is going to grow out of his toddler bed soemday and I am making a blanket to fit the next bed.  I started an afghan in 2005 and it was really pretty pastel colors.   It never failed though, every time I worked on it I got a massive headache and was unable to work.  So I decided to rip the thing out and create a whole new creation.  The only downside is that i have to crochet 1800 or more hexagons and then sew them all together.  But I guess that will give me soemthing to do when the weather gets cold =) .  I'm about a third of the way through making the hexagons and now I've finally started sewing it together.  And boy does it look nice!

It is not exceedingly late, but I am at my wits end.  Down time is something I lack greatly, and enough sleep is hard to come by.  My son is asleep, I have a weekend in which to do my homework, and I am going to see my brother tomorrow.  I am headed to bed to dream sweet dreams about the man of my dreams.  


But will he ever realize I'm dreaming of him???

No comments: