Thursday, June 08, 2006

happy ending ....

You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it
All of the memories so close to me just fade away
All this time you were pretending so much for my happy ending

As the lyrics in the song say, I was jilted out of a happy ending. But as I look back I realize it was all for the better. After reanalyzing my relationship I have realized that things would have ended - whether it was then or after a few years of marriage in divorce. And in a way I'm glad it happened now instead of later. There is just so much I would have missed out on if I would have moved to another state like I had planned. I wouldn't have been able to see my brother graduate and I would have missed that big time.

And while I still feel bad that things ended the way that they did, it's time for me to stop beating myself up about it all and try to move on. And I think thats what I'm going to do.

I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
And cannonball into the water
I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
For you, I will ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that you've finally come to realize that it's okay... I'm so happy that you are feeling better now, you'll make it through because you've got a bunch of people that DO care about you!!

Katy said...

life aint always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride

Mickey said...

Rock on