Sunday, August 20, 2006

And boom ...

You're all grown up. In some ways, I'm very glad where I am. But thinking back, I sometimes wish I was still in 5th grade.

Granted, I was a dork back then. I didn't dress in the 'cool' clothes, I didn't have the 'cool' friends, and I had glasses. But back then, I was the girl trying to get through school, trying to get straight A marks, and hoping that someday I would grow out of my awkward, gangly stage and find someone to love me. The only thing I really worried about was my next test and who would be home to play with after school.

So maybe the only thing that actually has changed is the fact that I'm no longer in 5th grade, and my worries are a whole lot more intense. Granted, I don't wear the same terrible pants, or the same awful shirts, but I don't go out and buy something just because it is in style either. I guess everything else fits though - I'm still trying to get through school with the highest marks, hoping to get out of this awkward stage and find someone to love me. I think I'm going to need a miracle for some of those things to happen.

They don't always happen when you ask
And it's easy to give in to your fear
But when you're blinded by your pain
Can't see the way clear through the rain
A small but resilient voice
Says hope is very near

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles, you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just because someone doesnt love you the way you want doesnt mean they dont love you with all that they have and all that they are

Laura K. said...

fifth grade was not a good time for me. most of the stuff pretty much into high school was not a great time for me. growing up is weird.

Laura K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura K. said...

ps i love that song "when you believe" at the end there ... good times