Thursday, August 10, 2006

Well now ...

So I guess it's time I started to take my own advice.

I was talking to a dear friend of mine today, and she just went through a break-up. He was begging her to get back together but she didn't know what she wanted. So I told her this:

Write down a list of everything you want to do in your life. It can be anything - no matter how small, or how crazy it sounds. If you want to do it someday, write in on your list. Then go and write a list of all the things you want in a guy. Make sure this list isn't tailored so someone specific, just make it as if you have met the perfect guy with no flaws whatsoever. Then, after you have accomplished both of those tasks, look at the guy you broke up with and see what he fits with. If he fits 50% or more of the things on both lists, start back from the beginning. If he doesn't fit 50%, he isn't what you need in a man and he isn't worth the time or the trouble right now. He could change, but right now he isn't worth the trouble.

This is the point I go and bite my tongue because I haven't exactly taken my own advice. Why did I have to do that to myself???

1 comment:

Laura K. said...

dont bite your tongue it bleeds and then it bothers you all day. no fun.

hehe just kidding. sometimes things dont work out even if we want them to and other times you just have to wait for things to happen like you wanted them to all along. life's a ride, just hang on, keep your head up, and KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME Lol