Friday, August 25, 2006

Just because someone doesn't love you as you want

I'm sitting here supposedly reading material for my classes and I thought back to a comment on a previous entry.

"just because someone doesnt love you the way you want doesnt mean they dont love you with all that they have and all that they are"

Wow ... it's amazing how true those words are! There are people who throw themselves into every relationship they are in - family, friends, work, boyfriend/girlfriend - and they succeed in letting everyone know how much they are loved.

Then there are those who stay on the sidelines and love people but don't know how to tell them - but when they do the the courage or the appropriate way, watch out because you're hooked for life.

I guess the quote made me feel kind of silly. I don't want someone to love me just because I love them or have feelings for them - I want them to love me for me. And if that just means sitting on the sidelines until the time comes where they feel comfortable expressing even friendly love - so be it.

3 comments:

----------------------- said...

Amen, sista! lol

Fate Believer said...

I think you're right. I never thought of that...

Anonymous said...

What if they love you and just don't know how to tell you?